Natik facilitates international collaboration between community partners, emerging leaders, and supporters to overcome educational and economic exclusion in Mexico and Guatemala.
The World We Want to See
Natik draws inspiration from the following UN Development Goals. Our work in Guatemala and Chiapas ultimately helps communities and to step towards these goals.
- Goal 2. Eradicate Hunger. through programs that include organic and permaculture food production and collaboration with other NGOs working in the areas where our partners are located.
- Goal 4. Improve Education. Through our educational, and scholarship programs in both Zinacantán and Santiago Atitlán.
- Goal 5. Achieve gender equality and empower all women and girls. All our programs favor women and girls, but also include men. According to the logic of the women in these projects, generational change toward gender equality will only be possible with the willing collaboration of men, and that will only happen through modeling behavior that is intentional and gender inclusive.
- Goal 6. Ensure availability and sustainable management of water and sanitation for all. Through collaborative efforts with participants and other NGOs working with local families in the communities where Natik’s partners are located.
- Goal 8. Promote sustained, inclusive and sustainable economic growth, full and productive employment and decent work for all. Through the encouragement, creation, and support of entrepreneurial ventures in the communities where we work.
- Goal 15. Protect, restore and promote sustainable use of terrestrial ecosystems, sustainably manage forests, combat desertification, and halt and reverse land degradation and halt biodiversity loss. Through collaborative efforts with participants and other NGOs working with local families in the communities where Natik’s partners are located.
- Goal 17. Strengthen the means of implementation and revitalize the global partnership for sustainable development. Through collaborative efforts with participants, local and international organizations working in the communities where Natik’s partners are located.